To have a healthy body, soul and spirit you have to have a healthy relationship with God and put your trust in Him, he has your best interest at heart.
You cannot separate the 3 they have to be in balance.
Body= Physical, that which goes in and coming out. The effort you put in.
Soul = Mind: What you think, Emotions: what you feel, Will: your choice. Your soul has a huge impact on your health and wholeness
Spirit = The part that longs for and belongs to God. Ecc 3:11 says God has planted eternity in men’s heart and mind, a sense of purpose which nothing but God alone can satisfy.
On health: The word of God says:
Ps 107:9 For He satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with good.
Jeremiah 30:17 For I will restore health to you and I will heal your wounds, says the Lord.
Ps103:3 God who heals all your diseases.. who satisfies your mouth with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle’s..
1Pet2:24 By Jesus’ stripes /wounds you have been healed.
Jesus says you will know the truth and the truth will set you free. He wants to bring truth into your life, so you can be set free from health issues, and emotional and spiritual issues.
What does your body need to be healthy?
There are a few principals to health that you might have heard of before but every time you hear it, it helps strengthen your hope and perseverance to help you on your journey.
- Clean air- pollution causes disease, breathe deeply.
- Sun- too little sun is linked to eg. depression and other diseases.
- Stress management – stress places so much strain on your body and adrenal glands as well as on your other hormones.
- Rest – your body repair itself when it rests.
- Exercise- we all know the benefits: It is good to exercise 3 times a week for 30min -it helps the body get rid of toxins, it makes you stronger and fit to have more capacity, it helps release feel good endorphins so it helps with depression. 1Tim 4:7-8“Train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and life to come.
- Healthy food- Eat a balanced diet with fruit and veg and healthy fats and proteins and whole grains, cut down on sugar
- Good water- Dehydration steels good health you need 6-8 glasses of water a day.
8. Trust in God